Delight by Tan Seng Kwang is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
An educational board game for 2 or any even number of players (in 2 teams) based on the concepts of current electricity. Targeted at high school / junior college physics students, Delight is a fun way of practising the use of physics concepts such as
- electrical power
- the potential divider rule.
- wires bypassing a device short-circuits it.
This game can be easily printed on A4 paper and the game pieces can be cut up for use.
- This game is meant for 2 players or 2 teams of players. Each player/team has the following tiles:
- 2 x light bulbs
- 3 x T-shaped wires
- 2 x crossed wires
- The players will take turns to place the tiles on the board.
- Each new tile must have at least one wire connected to an existing wire on the board.
- The game will end when the last tile has been placed on the board.
- The person with the brightest bulb will win.In the event that there is an equal number of opposing bulbs of the same brightness, it will be considered a tie. If there are three bulbs of the same brightness, the one with two of these bulbs wins.
Test Yourself: Who is the winner for the games below?
Conditions for Using this Game
- Anyone can print and use this game for free as long as it is for educational or personal use. Any other reproduction or republishing of this material, in hard copy or electronic form, without written permission, is prohibited.
- If you would like to make a suggestion or an enquiry, please leave a comment below.